Alexander Skwar wrote:

> So sprach J. Craig Woods am 2002-07-14 um 13:57:52 -0500 :
> > kernel headers rpm package. Is this something new, and is it by design?
>
> Yes, yes.
>
> > If the kernel headers component comes from another package, other than
> > the kernel src rpm, would some kind soul please advise..
>
> [askwar@klama askwar]$ rpm -qpi /RPMS/kernel-headers-2.4.18-35mdk.i586.rpm
> Name        : kernel-headers               Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 2.4.18                            Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 35mdk                         Build Date: Tue Jul  9 08:52:32 2002
> Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: no.mandrakesoft.com
> Group       : Development/Kernel            Source RPM: glibc-2.2.5-10mdk.src.rpm
> [...]

Alex, what in the hell are you saying? I should use
kernel-headers-2.4.18-35mdk.i586.rpm with the rpms I made from building
the kernel-2.4.18.8.2mdk-1-3mdk.src.rpm package. Now that does not make
any sense at all, my friend. My building of the kernel rpms from a src
package is for a mandrake 8.0 box, and the version for the upgrade is
the version recommended by the mandrake folks. Again, I ask, what's up,
mandrake, where in the hell are the header files for the version
kernel-2.4.18.8.2mdk-1-3mdk.src.rpm package?

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration