civileme wrote:
> Well, there are two sets of archives to search, and my post(s) on WD are
> more likely to be on the older archives (prior to Jan 2002)...

Thanks, you're right in this case -- found the post.

But, try this:

   * go to, for example,
http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/newbie/2002-06/
   * copy the title of one of the emails into the search box (with or
without enclosing quotes) (I copied "enlarge a linux partition", an
email within the first 20 on that page.)
   * press enter to initiate a search
   * view the results

I never get a hit on an email that I *know* is there.

> I would put a fewer terms in the search to begin with and then add more
> if I got too many responses.

Always good advice, but I'd sure like to be able to search for a phrase
that I know is there.

regards,
Randy Kramer