On Friday 26 July 2002 8:10 pm, Damian G wrote:
> > You do realize that using this patch pretty much prevents the machine
> > from being used as a high capacity server.  It allow the kernel to be
> > pulled away from "unimportant" things to take care of "really important"
> > things like your desktop.  Hardly an acceptable compromise on a server.
>
> *drools* hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... deeeeeesktooooopppp... *drools*
>
> Damian

I see what you mean, Damian. If they can create a kernel package for a server
(kernel-secure) and a multiprocessor (kernel-smp), surely one can be created
for desktop users, right?

P.S. I laughted  my @z off the first time I read your reply! LoL

Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
Be careful!  UGLY strikes 9 out of 10!
2.4.18-21mdk
Mandrake Linux release 9.0 (Cooker) for i586