Mark Lucas wrote:

>Thanks for this help but:
>
>>... basically you need a non-RAID
>>/boot partition with an initrd that loads the RAID modules.
>>

>how do I do this?
>
>I have /boot on my non-RAID disk. My RAID is mounted at /home.
>How do I set up the initrd to load RAID modules?
>
>        Mark

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Now I really don't understand...  I need to see your disk configuration.
 Softwarte RAID, at least linux software RAID does not go by the disk,
but rather by the partition.

You set up the initrd to load RAID by putting the RAID drivers names
into /etc/modules.conf and running mkinitrd...  Read the URL I gave you
and you can do this all at install.  If you have an IDE RAID controller
working  on this system you are very lucky to have gotten as far as you
did.

http://www.civileme.net/Softwaredoc/RAIDdoc.html

Civileme