On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:50:28 +0000
Joan Tur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Es Dimarts 20 Agost 2002 15:00, en Joan Tur va escriure:
> > Es Dimarts 20 Agost 2002 15:42, en Holger Schurig va escriure:
> > >
> > > Strange, not on my system. I have a self-compiled KDE 3.0.2, so my
> > > console is konsole...
> >
> > It happened in my Mandrake 8.1 and 8.2 boxes... but now I cannot reproduce
> > it under 9 beta 3 (after having send my email!)  O8-)
> >
> > I'll reboot to the 8.2 box to check for the packages' versions and will
> > post them here...
> Ejem... I haven't been able to reproduce the above problem under 8.2 either...
> I promise I had that problem!
>
> I'll be watching for that problem and if it happens again I'll make you
> know...  O8-)

it does happen, also it's not reproducible 100% of the times. i can do it
with mc, mcedit, and vi. but i have to try several ways to get it done.
i think if you start the xterm as user, su to root, then open mc,
then open a different xterm and run killall xterm ( as user ) it should happen...
but i'm not sure.

( running recently reinstalled ( after several --force --nodeps fuckups ) 8.2 )

Damian