> Is there any such beast as a graphical frontend to the hylafax package? It
> would need to deal with received faxes too, not just sending faxes (be nice
> to preview what the fax program is planning to send).

ksendfax (part of kde) might be a possibility, but I don't know if it
would tailor itself to hylafax, although in a awy I don't see why
it wouldn't. sendfax (or 'fax send') itself is a 'front end', and
in reality, hylafax is more like sendmail, a transport agent, than
an app that sends faxes (applies to mgetty+sendfax too).

I ran hylafax for a little while, but now I don't have a modem (just
DSL) and therefore can't send faxes :(. I did experiment with methods
of sending faxes in Star Office, but that didn't work all that well -
multiple page faxes were a problem. Still, sending a fax is 1% (or
less) actually transmission, and the rest is editing/previewing,
which can be done in any editor, somewhat like printing is. And
receiving - the fax subsystem (hylafax) should do all that auto-
matically, all the user needs to do is see what was faxed and/or
print it - and there are several tiff / g3 type viewers available.