Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(09/05/2002 15:24)

>My GOD! where do I find one of these marvelous machines? I WANT ONE!!
>they sound perfectly awesome. I can't help but wonder why in the world
>they're not still produced. What caused their downfall?

I'm pretty sure there'll be a fair number kicking around on eBay.

The original 1985 model was the Amiga 500 (which I had), but more
interesting is the A1200 which has various improvements including, as
I remember, 24-bit colour. (That was about 14 years ago :)

As I recall, the usual rubbish - bad management and various changes
of ownership for dubious motives - killed Amiga :/

Alastair

PS There are still Amiga (printed) magazines in the UK, and people
have written TCP/IP stacks, Web browsers, email clients and
everything else Internet; the Internet didn't exist in consumer form
during the Amiga's "official" existence so the connectivity had to be
invented by third parties ... !