HoytDuff wrote:
> On Friday 20 September 2002 06:29 am, Mark Williamson scribbled in crayon on a
> yellow legal pad:
>
>>Things like completely mirroring the update site seems to be a bit of
>>waste, for instance one may only have a small install, on the
>>workstations, and updating them via the cache, only what they need with
>>be cached..     Another thought comes to mind, Updating a Cooker via the
>>cache, may also work well  (I haven't tried this)..  as if you have a
>>few PCs using cooker, all the RPMs would be cached..
>

> You could use a modifcation of Ron Stoddard's "Troels" script to exclude what
> you don't want.

Yes.   There are lots of happy users.   Get it from my web site below
and save lots of downloading space (250MB+ per tree) and time.  It is
for English users only - non-english things are just not downloaded.
  GPL licence, so spread the good news <g>.

There will be an update to what is downloaded to where immediately after
9.0 is released which will drop access to 8.2.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]

New Web site: http://www.optusnet.com.au/ronst/