On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:05:00 +0100
Alastair Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[..]

> The trick is to install 2.96 as well as 3.2 by doing, as root,

The software is looking for 2.95 not 2.96.  This might be an issue to the software.
In my experience software demanding 2.95 does not accept 2.96.

> urpmi gcc2.96
> urpmi gcc2.96-cpp
> urpmi gcc2.96-colorgcc
> urpmi gcc2.96-c++
>
> Now, before you do that, can someone confirm having gcc 2.96 and gcc 3.2
> installed at the same time won't cause problems?

It shoudln't as past releases have had more than one version available.  The issue
_might_ be, if indeed the software accepts 2.96, will it also accept it when it won't
be the default version.  3.2 will still be linked to gcc.

--
Cheers
dg