Dear all,

It seems to me that a lot of the user-interactivity has been lost with
Gnome 2. Most things have been automated and I can't see how to
over-ride certain options - maybe I need more time to play!

One thing I am trying to do is eliminate all Panels except one at the
bottom for everything. This is how I had it set up in Gnome 1.4 under
8.2. I can't see how to do this without having a Menu Panel at the top
with 'Mandrake' (i.e. the applications), 'Actions' and that thing in the
top right where you can switch between tasks. I just want one Panel at
the bottom with all my bits and bobs on it. I can then hide it so I have
the whole screen to play with.

Any clues/ideas would be appreciated.

Andy