On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 13:33 +0100, Andy Weller wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> It seems to me that a lot of the user-interactivity has been lost with
> Gnome 2. Most things have been automated and I can't see how to
> over-ride certain options - maybe I need more time to play!
>
> One thing I am trying to do is eliminate all Panels except one at the
> bottom for everything. This is how I had it set up in Gnome 1.4 under
> 8.2. I can't see how to do this without having a Menu Panel at the top
> with 'Mandrake' (i.e. the applications), 'Actions' and that thing in the
> top right where you can switch between tasks. I just want one Panel at
> the bottom with all my bits and bobs on it. I can then hide it so I have
> the whole screen to play with.
>
> Any clues/ideas would be appreciated.

That's fairly easy and it was the first thing I did after
installation.

Rightklick on the top panel and choose "delete panel" or whatever the
option is in English.

Then go to bottom panel and rightklick. Choose "Add to panel" and
choose whatever you want to have there. I have (right to left order):
clock. volume, terminal, vim, emacs, mozilla and that nice dice game
of gnome for my 5 minute breaks, and gnome start menue, the one with
the foot print.

You may want to move all starters to the left side and then you have
the same look as in 1.4

wobo