At 09:54 AM 10/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>We've been using IC RADIUS (Cistron before) for a couple of years.

What kind of modem racks are you running?

>Curiously it is on the last RedHat server in the house. I don't think there
>are any issues which would come up with Mandrake.

There are rpm's for Red Hat 7.x, I did my typical try first, read doc if
don't work
routine yesterday and it said that I had to install MySQL Devel libraries,
did that,
but still had some trouble with it.  I will let you know how I make out so
if/when
you convert your last RH box to Mandrake you know :)

>We carry two local patches (one of them is moot) so changing requires a
>bit of
>effort. A lot of people are running FreeRADIUS and it has SQL support so that
>would probably be my first choice on a new system

To tell you the truth I am not sure why the owner of the company wanted IC
Radius.
I think he bought something called ISP Suite and they recommend that.  The
idea was
to move Radius and Postfix to use MySQL for user authentication.

Thanks for the reply.

-Scott

---