On Tuesday 01 October 2002 10:55 am, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:55:30 +0100
>
> "Simon Naish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > let me check it out on my machine at home this evening, I'm sure
> > that opera needs libpng2. And that mdk8.2 didnt ship with libpng2,
> > but libpng3,
>
> Opera, since 6 betas has not required libpng2 and also the Opera 5
> for 8.2 avaiable through the MandrakeClub does not require libpng2.
>
> I have been using the static version and have had no problems.
>

>     Charles

With LM 9 I use version 6.03, the static version. It installed from the
Opera site's RPM with no problem and without installing anything else.
I bought Opera a while back and it's my favorite browser. I use it with
Linux and, when forced to use Windows, use it there as well.

--
Jonathan Dlouhy
Tuesday, October 01, 2002
Number of wars ever fought between
countries that both had at least one
McDonald's franchise: 0
Registered Linux user #264482      Powered by Mandrake Linux 9