OK Hans,
I have on my machine libpng2-1.0.12-2mdk (the original file from mdk81) and
libpng3-1.2.4-3.1mdk. Both coexist without any probs at all (they have
different enough names for all the files that make them up). Both were
installed from mdk rpms. I cant guarantee that it'll sort out your opera
probs, but if you dont have that libpng2 library opera probably wont work
properly anyway.

Hope this helps some

si