On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:42:08 +0100 "J. Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Thank you very much! This solved the ugly menu part of the problem! But my
> > main document rendering is still unusable... No matter which font I choose
> > the characters still clutter on top of each other...
>
> There is still no working english spell check. Even if you configure it
> as north american.

Yes there is, but I think there's a bug in OOo which hides it.

Do Tools | Options | Language Settings | Writing Aids.

Then check 'Open Office MySpell Spellchecker' then press Edit ...

A window pops up but Open Office MySpell Spellchecker will appear unchecked
(!); check it.

Close all the windows, and hit F7. At the first mis-spelling a 'Spellcheck
(English (UK))' window will pop up with suggestions.

Obviously both checkboxes should be checked; the one in the pop-up window
appearing unchecked seems to be an error.

Alastair