Thanks for the tip Andreas & Alistair.

I acutaly had English(Canada) dictionary only, but after downloading the
  english one OOodi installed it and i configured it as you said. Works
great

JG

Alastair Scott wrote:
On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:42:08 +0100 "J. Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you very much! This solved the ugly menu part of the problem! But
my main document rendering is still unusable... No matter which font I
choose the characters still clutter on top of each other...

There is still no working english spell check. Even if you configure it
as north american.