Eduardo Mendes wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have just installed Mandrake 9.0 with a secure kernel.  My X session always
> terminates after some time. Is there a parameter to control how long a X
> session stays up?  I definitely don't be shutdown from time to time as it is
> hapenning right now.  I don't even have the time to save what I am doign and
> there it goes, login prompt again!!!
>
> Many thanks

i had this problem once with a kyro card. the problem then was that i
had enabled the advanced power management (apm). after turning off that
i had no problems anymore.
if you have the pwoer management on, try to find out if the "logout"
coincides with the timeoption set in advance power management.

regards
andreas