On Sunday 13 October 2002 06:02 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Narfi,
>
> I created a new acount, but it does not have an option to create it as
> japanese as you did. I set it in the KDE control centre, menus where
> japanese, but still no input.
>
> using my .i18n file in my english KDE i can input in japanese with
> kinput&wnn fine in mozilla. But not in any KDE applications.
>
> Have you got working input in KDE?

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong info for how to set up a new user ... the
programs had changed since RC3 ...

I created a new account, logged into KDE as that user and ran
/usr/sbin/localedrake and selected Japanese there.
I logged out and in again and then everything was in Japanese, kinput2 was
started automatically and KDE accepted its input.
I immediately ran /usr/lib/qt3/bin/qtconfig, went to the Interface tab and
changed "XIM input style" to "Over the spot" since I find "On the spot"
terribly confusing.

I then went to the K-menu->Configuration->KDE->Personalization->Country and
Language [of course this was in Japanese] and changed the country into
"C", logged out and in again.
This time, kinput2 was also started automatically and KDE accepted its
input but all the menus and dialogs were in English.

Narfi.
ps. I've had emacs crash if it's running in either one of the environments
I've described, so I had to write a wrapper shell-script that unsets the
XIM-variables, sets the language to English and then runs /usr/bin/emacs.