Larry Nguyen wrote on Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 05:18:49PM -0500 :

> Thanks for the quick reply, Todd. I'm thinking of buying one. $99 at my
> local CompUSA store.  Just want to make sure I can put MD on before
> spending the money. Went to MD site but Acomdata wasn't listed as one of
> the vendor.  I also went here
> http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?id=11 but no luck either.
> It's USB 2.0 so it should work rite? Any trick?

A definite maybe.  It all depends which chipset the usb controller built
in to the harddrive is.  If it's a standard "usb-storage" compatible
chipset, the answer is yes.  Unfortunately many MANY devices out there
decide to make their own designs.  The usb-storage module is constantly
changing as developers come across more of this crap hardware.

To be honest, I suggest that you scour the net with google looking for
people who have used it successfully.  Barring that, then look for known
devices that work.  Barring that, I'd say your chances are slim due to
two reasons:
1) it's brand new (or appears to be)
2) it's on sale for such a cheap price

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
           MandrakeSoft USA   http://www.mandrakesoft.com
Mandrake: An amalgam of good ideas from RedHat, Debian, and MandrakeSoft.