Randy Kramer wrote:

Question: when you do the "md5sum /dev/cdrom" do you get the "published" md5sum?
When I used to download Mandrake ISOs, yes, the md5sums did always agree, else do another rsync corrective download on top of the ISO, a very quick process.

My iso images result from MakeCD on a 9.0 downloaded tree by my troels.rsync6.2.pl. This is for install by hd.img and drops all non-english RPMs and files, so differs from the Mandrake tree. There can be no download errors since I repeat troels... until it makes no further changes.

The Mandrake 9.0 ISOs do not include everything in their 9.0 tree and I cannot afford to download the ISOs themselves as well as the tree, so I make my own, which are smaller, but CD2 still exceeds 650MB.

So there are at least a couple of good reasons why the iso published md5sums will not agree with my ISOs.

The md5sums of the ISO file and the burned CD (with 700MB blanks and --dao) are always tested and always agree.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
troels... now updated to use sunet.se server.