Thanks to everybody who responded (Ron, Pierre, Kevin, Tom, ...).

I should have mentioned that I do check the md5sum of the downloaded ISO
and I make sure it is correct before burning -- it is just that I never
get it to match after burning.  Guess I'll try the DAO option in
Windows, and (someday) try -nopad in Linux.

Randy Kramer

On Thursday 17 October 2002 03:18 pm, Ron Stodden wrote:

>  The Acer 6206 may be a rebadged someone else's
> drive (look carefully all over it, inside and out).  There are not
> that many original drive creators, the rest just rebadge.

Could be, but I'd be a little surprised -- Acer is a big enough
manufacturer in <wherever they are> that I'd expect they manufacture it
themselves, possibly under various licenses from others.  BTW, I'm very
happy with it, and assume that, once I learn how to use it in Linux
(tried a few times, a few distros back) that it will work for 700 MB
disks in Linux like it does in Windows.