On Wednesday 16 October 2002 05:37 pm, Ron Stodden wrote:
> cdrecord is tops, and very easy to use as root.  Don't forget the dao
> argument if you want to be able to md5sum <iso file> /dev/cdrom,
> which IMHO is essential.   There is no equivalent in Windows 98 SE -
> but some Windows burning software has a verify mode, which cdrecord
> does not have.

Ahh, you may have answered something that's been puzzling me for a while
-- I'll probably run a test to confirm it, but maybe you can confirm it
now:

Question: when you do the "md5sum /dev/cdrom" do you get the "published"
md5sum?

I never do, but if I burn multiple copies of a CD, I get the same
results for each copy.  But, I don't think I burn my CDs with the disk
at once option (I burn audio CDs that way, but not data (and I burn in
Windows using Easy CD-Creator -- I presume I can do DAO on a data CD
with Easy CD)).

(My CD burner is in a box that is temporarily not hooked up while I work
on setting up some servers for a computer school I help with.)

Randy Kramer