On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 07:50:05AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> usually, i start Mutt from the command-line of a Konsole (on KDE),
> but i thought i would try to get it to start automatically at logon
> by using the entry in the KDE menu  Networking -> Mail -> Mutt .
> this starts a working version of Mutt in a terminal,
> but the Mutt status line flashes continually.
> i've looked in the Mutt dox & tried obvious things (eg read new messages),
> but the status line just keeps on flashing.
> can anyone explain & advise how to stop this irritating behaviour?
>
> --
> ========================,,============================================
> SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|  Centre for Urban & Community Studies
> TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'  University of Toronto

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

I,m not sure what is causing your status line to flash, however the
command xterm -e mutt or konsole -e mutt should work fine for you.

Should you have a konsole running in X when you logout and ask kde to
save the session, the next time you start the window manager it should
automatically be started for you.

        good luck,
         Dave

--
                 Mandrake Linux release 9.0 (dolphin) for i586
       8:10am  up 6 days, 22:29,  4 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.08, 0.08

                             David M.Kufta (n3meq)
                         E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            Wilmington,Delaware USA

                        My GnuPG Public key is available