Jack Coates wrote:
Hi,

I have a machine (naturally a fairly important one) which I built and
which is fairly unstable -- give it ten to twenty days, and it will
suffer a video lock up or a disk error that forces a reboot.

FIC AZ11 with a VIA KT133 chipset.
Athlon 900 MHz
768MB PC100 RAM
Voodoo3 3000 AGP card
Maxtor 92049U6 (20G 7200 RPM disk), etx3fs on all partitions.
Polaroid CD-RW IDE3212
(2) Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX PCI tulip NICs

Do you pass the mem=nopentium kernel command in grub/menu.lst or lilo.conf? Just in case you didn't know, there is a kernel bug that can cause corrupting/locking misuse of agp memory on machines with athlons and agp vid cards.