40.8C. cpu temp is reasonable, but on my KT133 I've found anything over
45-46C. tends to give me random weird problems. I run about 39-41C. average.
If your "average" cpu temps are running over 45C., I would be suspicious.
Also, even though 37C. seems like it's low for sys temps, I would think you
have a case air flow problem, as my KT133 never gets above 23-24C., even on
hot days. The 37C. case air would add at least 10-12C. to any card or ram,
which might be a concern, especially on a video card that ran hot anyway. Of
course, the problems may not be heat related at all, but it does sound like a
good bet, considering what you have said, and the fact that they seem random.