Hi,

I posted a similar msg when using my laptop with multiple profiles,
I use fixed IP now so i dont get the wait problem you have (assuming that is a dhcp & DNS prob).

There were some command line scripts to change the network IP etc etc

or you could just use static IP and change IP with MCC. (I only tried in 8.2)

JG

James Sparenberg wrote:
All,

Trying to find a way to switch network profiles on the fly with MDK
9.0 I've found a number of them that work at boot time, but since I
don't always know what I'm going to do until after a boot they are for
the most part useless. (Unless I want to do the Windows reboot dance.) Using the profile tool in MCC doesn't work either as it keeps getting
things confused and since it immediately tries to connect with the last
profile I get tired of waiting 5 minutes for it to figure out it can't
connect so that I can set up a new one. (Then when I try to switch back
later it's hell all over again.) Does anyone know of a tool like the
old drakprofile that just lets me make the changes and restart the
network without rebooting and waiting for all kinds of "help" to time
out?

James