Hi,

after experiencing the first 9.0-crash after 29 days uptime I had to
re-install the system from scratch, no joke!
During new installation from the 3 CDs I forgot to install mailx which
seems to be essential for sending mail. I did not know that!

So I opened an xterm, su-ed to root and typed in:
---------------------------------
[root@molch]# urpmi mailx
rpmdb: region error detected; run recovery.
Can't call method "traverse_tag" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/URPM/Resolve.pm
line 267.
--------------------------------------
WTF?
I grabbed my CD1, mounted it, cd-ed into the RPM directory and did:
-------------------------------------
[root@molch RPMS]# rpm -ivh mailx-8.1.1-20mdk.i586.rpm
rpmdb: region error detected; run recovery.
Error: db4 error(-30981) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY:
Fatal error, run database recovery
Error: cannot open Packages index using db3 -  (-30981)
Error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
--------------------------------------
I grew somewhat angry and thought it may be the rpm database, so I did:
---------------------------------------
[root@molch]# rpm -rebuilddb
rpmdb: region error detected; run recovery.
Error: db4 error(-30981) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY:
Fatal error, run database recovery
Error: cannot open Packages index

Now I'm sitting here, posting from Outcrap (I hope I don't make too big
a mess).
Worse, I can't reach my newsgroups and I can't work because I need mails
and Linux at the same time.

Do I have to do a Windows? I mean, a complete re-installation?

wobo