On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 17:16 -0500, Miark wrote:
> I got memtest for testing RAM, but what do you use for harddrive
> testing?

I have a newsspool with about 28,000 messages. I just kept copying
this directory between several partitions to and fro. Gkrellm showed
heavy harddisk traffic and also complete used memory (512M).

Then I ran diff with a backup and several of these files to find any
corruption. All ok.

But I'll run memtest as well.
As soon as I get up in the morning, it's quarter past midnight over
here and I hear the sounds of my neighbor's halloween party. Have to
go get an old witch to dance with ;-)

wobo