Thanks Simon, I saved my souls... and my wireless connection.
I have point-by-point followed your indications and now my Netgear MA401
PCMCIA wireless card is working fine on my notepad.

Some points to fix, yet:

It seems that the
WIRELESS_ESSID
WIRELESS_ENC_KEY
options are erased after reinitialization of the PCMCIA or the SERVICES, in
the ifcfg-ethX file.
Any idea?

So I need to write the END_KEY.
The KEY must be written in hexadecimal or ASCII?

Patrick Atlas