Hi,

Your ENC_KEY has to be hex to work (could be wrong).  If you
can not get the info to stay in the ifcfg-ethx scripts you
can pass the ESSID and ENC key via iwconfig.

command line
su
iwconfig ethx essid youressid
iwconfig ethx enc yourhexkey

If that works for you create a shell script with those
commands to save from typing them over and over again.
However, your ifcfg-ethx should not change on a pcmcia or
network restart, at least it does not on my system (Mandrake
9).

Regards

Simon Ree
[EMAIL PROTECTED]