Found out what it was I did.... Insert Disk 1 into the cd then from the
command line urpmi.addmedia --distrib <name> where name is the name for
the 1st disk. in the case of 9.0 it is (if I remember right can't test
this right now no disks handy.

urpmi.addmedia --distrib  Mandrake\ Linux\ 9.0\ Installation\ CD\ (x86)\
(cdrom1)

James