If your bios has a section called "PC Health Status," or something similar, it
will show you pretty accurate readings. Then, if you are using GKrellm, for
example, you go to Configuration- Builtin-sensors-setup, and adjust your
readouts to match what your bios showed. The cpu and motherboard temps on
mine are set to 1.0000, and then give the same as my bios, but the voltages
are a little different, and might vary depending on your chipset. There is a
file (/etc/sensors.conf) which will give you guidance as to the voltage
settings- it can be pretty tricky.
Robert Crawford