On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 15:00, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Monday November 4 2002 03:48 pm, H. Narfi Stefansson wrote:
> > Hi, everybody.
> > I managed to fry my motherboard yesterday (bad memory module) and I'm
> > therefore looking for a new one. And I was hoping you could help me
> > choose one :-)
>
>     A bad stick of memory is incapable of fryin your motherboard. OTOH,
> the reverse could be possible.

Hey this could be the story he's telling his significant other!!  OTOH
if it's a mobo that uses pci 66 or 33mhz ram it could be rather
difficult to find replacement (you can try to stuff pci 100 in and run
it slower but it's not recommended, and tends to give more errors than
it's worth in my experience.) So the mobo may be good but still
"unusable"