Todd Lyons grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> Franki wrote on Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 06:40:45PM +0800 :
> >
> > I am sick to death of my error_log for http being full of cmd.exe and
> > root.exe stuff.. my logs are always 90% full of this crap.
> > anyone got any ideas???
>
> In your /etc/httpd/conf/commonhttpd.conf file, put this:
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>       redirect /MSADC http://www.microsoft.com
>       redirect /c http://www.microsoft.com
>       redirect /d http://www.microsoft.com
>       redirect /_mem_bin http://www.microsoft.com
>       redirect /msadc http://www.microsoft.com
>       RedirectMatch (.*)\cmd.exe$ http://www.microsoft.com$1
> </IfModule>

That's sneaky.  That's evil.  That's soooo appropos.  I like it, I've added
it.  Thanks! :-)

To me, it only makes sense that since Microsoft's bad design and lazy
security concerns are causing all this traffic due to the script kiddies
looking for vunerable machines to exploit, that they deal with that traffic
themselves.

                   --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!