Carroll Grigsby said:

> On Sunday 10 November 2002 06:27 pm, Jim Tarvid wrote:
>>
>> I had three reboots last night due to a nasty power outage.
>
> Jim:
> There is an old proverb that says an ounce of prevention is worth a
> pound of  cure. Any chance of fitting a UPS into the budget? I put one
> in last summer,  and it's already saved me a lot of grief.

ObAOL:  Me too!

:-)

Seriously, if you're running any computer, especially if you're using it
as a server, a UPS is *not* optional IMNSHO.  I can't even begin to count
the number of times that my UPS boxes (yes, I've got more than one
scattered throughout my equipment) have saved my bacon.  They're really
cheap insurance.  And you find that you're really glad you've got 'em,
particularly when there's a nasty power outage.

They also help smooth out power, so that your machine gets cleaner power
during normal operations.  I can't sing their praises enough. :-)

               --Dave