On Thursday 14 November 2002 01:33 pm, Miark wrote:
> I have the same problem with the ESS sound in my CTX laptop. It worked fine
> in previous versions of Mandrake, but it's dead in 9.0. In the past I've
> used sndconfig to get it working. In 9.0 sndconfig just hangs.
>
> What happens when you try sndconfig?

I'm currently rebuilding the frickin kernel again, this time with the frickin
drivers (alsa and the solo 1 driver) built into the frickin kernel - no
modules - so I cannot test it yet.  After the build and reboot, I'll give
sounddrake another shot and when it fails, I'll try sndconfig and let you
know that my system locks up.

praedor