On Thursday 14 November 2002 01:33 pm, Miark wrote:
> I have the same problem with the ESS sound in my CTX laptop. It worked fine
> in previous versions of Mandrake, but it's dead in 9.0. In the past I've
> used sndconfig to get it working. In 9.0 sndconfig just hangs.
>
> What happens when you try sndconfig?

I tried building the 2.4.19 mandrake kernel with the appropriate sound drivers
compiled into the kernel - it fails.  2.4.19 is broken in a number of ways.
If you want sound, I suggest you do what I am doing - go back to a proper
kernel, a functional kernel - and go back to 2.4.18.  Supermount worked
properly, sound worked properly, etc.  None of the garbage that one must
tolerate with the 2.4.19 kernel.

praedor