I do have that cronjob, and in /etc/logrotate.d there's a syslog file,
which indeed says that /var/log/messages should be rotated weekly...

But still it doesn't happen...

Maybe it's a permission problem?

These are the relevant permissions:

drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         4096 Nov 17 10:38 log/
-rw-r-----    1 root     adm      36865711 Nov 17 18:24 messages

Are those the same with you?

Regards,

Hans