On Sunday 17 November 2002 21:10, SainTiss wrote:
> No error messages at all, although the messages file is still as big as
> I mentioned...

Can you please stop to CCing me ? That really gets on my nerves, since I get
every mail of you twice and as I answered you you should realize I'm
subscribed to the list.

And I'm in no way a crack, but maybe a 'logger "LOGROTATE: I was here !" ' or
something like that in /etc/logrotate.d/syslog would be helpfull for
debugging. Maybe it is the fault of an application that is polluting the
syslog due errors. You should be shure if the:

- cronjob would be executed (determine e.g. as mentioned above)
- logrotate really was not working (looking at the logs : are there really no
messages.1.gz , messages2.gz etc, are the entries really that old, that you
can be sure, they want be rotated ?)

and try to track the reasons. I'm not able to determine what you have done
with your system that brokes this thing.

Greets

Steffen