On November 22, 2002 10:14 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Thursday 21 November 2002 10:44 am, you wrote:
> > You need to be running a very fast machine with the proprietary nVIDIA
> > drivers (as well as an nVIDIA video card) and lots of memory and disk
> > space.
> >
> > BTW, it works great as long as you have a very fast machine.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what r u calling a "fast" machine? We installed the
> demo on my sons computer:
>
> Duron 850mhz
> 256 megs ram
> Nvidia 32 meg Geforce 2
>
> and it works fine.
>
> Nowadays, a computer isn't fast to me unless its 2.0 ghz or faster. :-)

Thanks Dark Lord!

Mine is a bleedin' stone axe by that definition!
PIII 500 (honest it ain't over-clocked!)
768 MB PC 133
Creative TNT (NVidia) 16 MB

But I ain't replacin' it 'til "The Hammer" is available at more than 3.0 GHz.

Maybe 2.8 (true, not "Quanti-Speed" :P) GHz. Or maybe when the Athlon is
available over the counter as an XP 3400 or so.

Or maybe next week. ;-)

Maybe I could "borrow" my son's Duron 1.3 to see what's so great about fast.

Regards;
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada