On Monday 25 November 2002 01:47 pm, you wrote:

> Try passing "noacpi" to the kernel.  APM is the first generation power
> management hardware/software.  ACPI is the second generation power
> management hardware/software.  If the system boots with ACPI enabled, it
> automatically disables APM.  See if passing noacpi to the kernel (at the
> lilo prompt of course) makes apm start working, which may then enable
> your system to power down properly.
>
> This is off the top of my head.  I've not delved deeply into this.
> Someone like our kernel developers might be able to provide much more
> insight to this.
>
> Blue skies...                 Todd

I've had no other problems with these 3 comps (like during installation) but
I'll try that to see if helps with powering down the other 2 comps.

BTW, I got the Shuttle motherboard on Civileme's recommendation - he said
that Shuttle seemed to follow standards better than a lot of other companies
- I don't know if this is still true or not. Motherboard compatibility seems
to run on/off... :-)

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                 Dark<  >Lord