On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 13:05, Alex Bennee wrote:
> <snip>
> bit can cause the machine to lock up completely and mess with
> X windows Ctrl-Alt-BS. I'll re-run memtest tonight and see if the
> results are consistent in failing.

I know i've got a memory problem but the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is not
related. Its seems to be a power save feature (it works even in Grub)
but Windows seems to disable it by the time it boots. I've tried both
noapic and apm=off kernel options but I still cannot disable it. I can't
help feeling the two may be related, although I did seem to be able to
kill X without killing the machine once its hardly consistent.

--
Alex Bennee
Senior Hacker, Braddahead Ltd