This is one point I do have to give to M$ they do seem to be able to
dynamically map around bad blocks on HDD's and ram a lot better than
Linux or FreeBSD.  As for the badmem tools I've never been able to get
them running nor have I really taken a hard run at it.  (I cheated and
swapped memory with my wifes windows box)  The other thing I have seen
is that sometimes running mem at a slower speed works as well. (bad bit
at 133 but not at 100).  As for DDR memory... haven't got any so don't
know.

James