Okay, I'm feeling really stupid. I want to set up a box via (null modem)
serial cable. It is an openbsd configuration that needs a serial connect.
Problem is it just now occurs to me that my mandrake 9.0 box doesn't
recognize I have any serial ports. ??? What is up with that? XP sees them
fine. Hard drake sees like 6 usb ports  but no serial. I went to do a makedev
and that doesn't even exist. ??

Has it  be changed to something better? Serial is pretty darned basic. And
while I'm at it, what happened to the hardware detection routine when booting
that mandrake had that would detect a change? That is either broken or
removed?