What it has to do with Linux is that it is a side effect of Linux installation and should be dealt with accordingly for newbie-help / ease-of-use reasons. C'mon guys. Don't be so territorial. ;-)
We don't need to bristle up every time the M-word is mentioned. I mean surely we open source folks are not M$ and as a consequence *should* be concerned ( at least more than M$ is ) with compatibility and interoperability. These two words are part of the real beauty of Linux after all. :-)

Unfortunately I don't myself know the answer to the question, otherwise I would have happily provided it. I haven't owned a laptop in a very long time due to sftp and similar protocols that facilitate remote access.

Jim C.

Mcleod, Ian wrote:
> umm - and this has WHAT to do with LINUX??

David Guntner wrote:
I'm completely at a loss for how this has anything to do with Mandrake
Linux, or even Linux in general, in any way, shape, or form....