Hi everybody,
I have a problem with my dial-up modem. It's just a plain old 56k modem I've
been using in a computer I had before with MDK 8.0 - 8.2. Since I bought
this new machine and installed MDK 9.0 for the first time, I am not able to ping
anything, not even my provider's nameserver or remote server. I get a
connection, yes, and that seems to work like it always has but that's all. If I
ping I domain I get ping: unknown host www.... and if I ping an IP address I
just get timeouts.
I checked and I don't have any default route with 0.0.0.0. I also don't have
GATEWAY entry in /etc/sysconfig/network and I put GATEWAY=ppp0 just to make
sure it's correct. There's no network card to blame on setting a default
route. Tried the most obvious options in /etc/ppp/options like defaultroute and
noipdefault. All to no avail. I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't that it has
always worked with MDK 8.2 and it still works under Win98 (dual boot). Any help
would be GREATLY appreciated :-)
TIA,
Marcio Cordero