Your changes only affect the interfaces that have been set up, and you
probably haven't set up ppp0. Please don't disable the firewall, rather
learn how to use it. You'll need to edit:

/etc/shorewall/interfaces -- define the interfaces and basic
characteristics like addressing, routing.
/etc/shorewall/zones -- define the networks attached to interfaces.
/etc/shorewall/policy -- define high-level policy (accept from here to
there and deny from there to somewhere else)
/etc/shorewall/rules -- define exceptions to policy (deny ftp from here
to there and accept ssh from there to somewhere else)

Linux's networking capability is an unheralded secret... with the 2.4
kernel it is unmatched in quality by anything in the commercial
networking world. You can do things with a good PC and Linux that Cisco
simply can't do or would charge $50K for. With this kind of power comes
some learning curve, though. You might look into Gshield -- not sure if
it's any better than drakfirewall at configuring multiple external
interfaces, but a lot of people on the list seem to like it.

Hope this helps,
Jack