Marcio,
Here's my /etc/ppp/options file for comparison. I have an external 56k modem
on serial port 1- works fine. I'm using kppp as the dialer. Please give us
more info to help diagnose, like modem, dialer used and settings, ISP, etc.
Have you tried to reconfigure with Mandrake Control center?

Robert Crawford

lock
noauth
noipdefault