I have tried to make it working as it was in 8.2.
In 8.2 it was simply to add the following line to modules.conf:

alias sound-slot-0 cs4232

Now, this does not work anymore. Sndconfig (from a getty) takes an awfull time just to recognize something that it calls "Crystal Sound 4232 GAME2 (never saw this "GAME" stuff) and, anyway, it is unable to produce sound.

When I try to use Arts in KDE, it tells that I should use artswrapper... but I do not know how to do nor what to do for this.

Any help would be really apreciated.
Best regards

/stefano