On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 19:15, Stefano Pogliani wrote:
> I am experimenting a strange issue. No problem in inserting a CD into
> its bay for reading it.
> When I need to remove it (to insert another one) and I press the HW
> eject button, the CD tray gets out and IMMEDIATELY gets in again, making
> it a real adventure to extract the CD itself (fighting with the tray....)
>
> Anybody knows "why" ?
>
> Thanks a lot indeed. Best regards
> /Stefano

1/ Just guessing here, make sure that you have changed out of your CD
dir  e.g. /mnt/cdrom to say /

2/ Have you ever tried the "eject" command    e.g. "eject /dev/hdd"
depending where your CD is.  Plus I hate the eject button on the CD-roms
I don't how many times I have pressed that button twice..    I just
about never use the umount command after I have discovered the eject
command.

Cheers
Mark